Call for Abstracts
In addition to Invited Lectures, we welcome you to submit abstracts for Oral or Poster presentations.
The Congress invites abstracts for Oral/Poster sessions related to the following topics.
- Ecology, Diversity and Evolution
- DNA Replication and Repair
- Transcription and RNA
- Translation and Protein Modification
- Cell Membrane and Cell Surface
- Physiology and Metabolism
- Viruses and CRISPR
- Extremozymes and Application
How to Submit
Authors are requested to submit their abstracts prepared in MS Word via the Internet. Those unable to complete the online submission should contact the Organizing Secretariat directly at E-mail: .
Instructions for Preparing Abstracts
- The on-line system can only accept MS Word documents. Other documents will not be accepted.
- Please download the abstract template from the website and overwrite on it, following the instructions. The allotted space for the abstract is one page: effective space 17 cm (width) x 22.5 cm (height).
- When you complete the abstract, save it with the name of the presenting author. "MAC" users are requested to add ".docx" at the end of the file name. e.g. "atomi.docx"
- Click .
- Fill in the required boxes on the abstract submission form, including preference of oral/poster presentations and appropriate topic number chosen from the above-mentioned 11 areas which best related to your presentation.
- Attach your abstract file at the last section of the form.
- Confirmation of abstract submission will be sent to the presenting author by e-mail.
Submission Deadline for POSTER Presentation:June 30, 2016
Notification of Acceptance
Notice of acceptance will be e-mailed in early July, 2016. Accepted papers will be presented at Oral or Poster sessions. Accepted abstracts will be included in the abstract book of the Congress upon completion of registration.
The official language of the Congress is English.
LCD projection will be available for Oral Presentations.
Please prepare your poster according to the following guidelines. The poster will be mounted on a panel of 90 cm (width) x 150 cm (height). Please refer to the illustration.
Title: Use an area of 20-25 cm (height) x 90 cm (width) at the top of the poster for the title, authors’ names and affiliations.
Text, Tables and Figures: All material should be visible from a distance of 2 meters. Poster numbers and pins will be provided by the Congress.
Grant for Students
Grants to support registration fees will be offered to students from abroad who plan to participate and give a presentation at the 11th International Congress on Extremophiles in Kyoto (Extremophiles2016). Those who wish to apply for this grant are requested to send their abstract by
May 10 May 20, 2016 and indicate to that effect in the abstract submission form. They are also requested to send a document displaying their student status along with their CV.
Recipients will be notified in mid-June, along with the extent of support.